Sunday, February 27, 2011

Exitement.


Okay. That's it. I love homeschooling. I really do. And I do take it this responsibility very serious. I am almost COMPLETELY responsible for my children's learning. That said, I've been having a lot of fun cooking up some ideas. I think I'm just going to start posting them. And like the actual files and such. So here I go.

We've been attempting to make reading more fun. I read (well, I'm still working on it) called "The Read-Aloud Handbook" and it has made me more serious about making my kids LOVE reading.

I've been making a lot of fun teaching aids to go with the book "Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading"

I've decided to add them, when I'm extra excited about the lesson we are doing. I figure sometimes I spend more then an hour coming up with the items for the lessons we're going to be learning, I might as well share!

Here is what I've come up with for Lesson 69. It is suppose to be a role play for the sentence portion of the lesson. I have decided to add pretend phones to make it just a little more interesting.

I got the cellphone graphic from this site.
I think it's fun, I made them bigger, cut out the shadow, laminated them, and then added Velcro to the back to make the reusable. Seeing how I have three kids, it will at least get three uses out of it.

I would love to know how to share my file for the whole lesson, please leave a message in the comment if you know how!

No comments:

Post a Comment