Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New fun!

This years I decided that I'm going to resolve to have more fun, in everything I do. It's kind of a challenge sometimes when I just want to get things done. But when it comes to schooling, the more fun the better! So, it's going to be a good year!

Today we learned about Ice. A great lesson I got from the Mailbox (Science Edition)
We predicted what will happen when we freeze the water. We described the ice after it was froze. Which was fun. I laminated a glass of water page, and I cut out little ice cubes to write on for each descriptive word. Then we wrote about where we find ice and what we use it for. Seriously it was fun!

The best part, sadly I didn't get a picture, was when the girls were eating their ice cube. We made them in little bowls since I don't have an ice tray and added blue food coloring. The girls were a little impatient and wanted to eat them. So they weren't all they way solid. Emily took a bit of hers and blue water gushed ALL OVER HER! We laughed soooo hard. I think I'll be making some of these in the summer when it's really hot!


We also started learning more colors. Each day we are going to chose a color from the crayon box (i bought 2 boxes of 64 crayons) and color in our crayon chart. It's fun, simple, enjoyable, and educational. I kind of love my little idea and chart!


Oh, and the picture of Hannah.. She wanted a picture by her angel she made for a christmas decoration. She calls it the tooth fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment